Friday, January 30, 2009

Sock update and King Gus

I finally started on Josh's socks! That was last Saturday, actually. I finished the leg/ankle of one and when I got to the heel, I took a break. A weeklong break. :) I will get back to it, just need to find the motivation, I supppose. So far, so good though!

And here is a picture I received from my sister of my nephew Gus. He's sporting his new crown and playsilk/cape. The crown is made from the LTK pattern out of Patons Classic wool in New Denim and Burgundy. I did have some trouble with felting and sizing it correctly, but I was able to make it work and I'm so glad it did! I really only gave myself enough time to get it right the first time, which is really nothing new for me. :) I did buy yarn at least a year ago to make my boys some crowns too. One more thing to add to my project list!

No comments: