Thursday, November 1, 2007

Recent Sets

These are just a couple sets I recently knitted up for Zekers.

Longies: Both longies are made from Tykie Knits Corriedale by the Belladonna Designs pattern. The orange/red is Sunrise colorway and the other is Blackberry Punch. I was hoping for a tad more gender neutrality from the latter, but it's still ok. I really like it and the purple reminds me of my dad. It was his favorite color. :) I knit the Sunrise pair first and it turned out a lot bigger than I was expecting since I hadn't knit in a while and my tension was all whacked out. I knit Blackberry punch on smaller needles and they ended up near perfect. Could've been a touch longer (the angle of the picture shows them even shorter than they really are), but they'll fit the munchkin a while, I'm sure. The only thing that I found to be really odd was that, even though I used the same skein of yarn for the whole project, the stripes on the legs don't match. They are fatter on one side than the other, so there are more on one side and fewer on the other. It makes no sense! They are the same length and the same number of rows. If someone could explain why the heck that happened, please enlighten me because I'm clueless. I hope it doesn't create some bizarre optical illusion where one of Zeke's legs looks 2 inches longer than the other.

Hats: The matching Sunrise hat was just kind of thrown together after I saw a 3-corner hat online. I did it how I imagined it would need to be done and it ended up pretty darn big. It still fits Zeke loosely and I guess I'd have it a little big than two small, but now I know what I need to do differently in the future. The Blackberry Punch hat is from Little Turtle Knits. It got a weird black spot on the side, but only on that side. Still looks ok, I guess. It's really cute on.

I need to get some action shots of both sets, but until then...
















No comments: